Nordic Walking is quite unique in that it provides benefits for everybody from those with medical problems to the super fit.
Whatever age, fitness level or goal, - Nordic Walking is suitable, effective and enjoyable.
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time -
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles -
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking -
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints -
- Great for the heart and lungs -
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems -
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster than normal without feeling the effort -
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who require ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning -
2 hour taster session:- using the grounds of Mynydd Ednyfed and local tracks
4 hour session:- using local tracks and beach
6 hour session:- going further afield and having a packed/pub lunch
A fitness element can be added to the walks to include body weight circuits.
Nordic Poles supplied as part of the session.
For more information on costs and dates available please contact - Caroline Moncrieff, Dwyfor Health and Nordic Walks.